Monday, February 19, 2007

Strictly Platonic Book

I did this little book project that I actually kind of liked so I thought I'd post the pages from it. I illustrated peoples posting in the "platonic" section of the personals on craigslist. I'm going to draw some of the pages that I think are good over again with the blotted line ink thingy I've been doing and see if it makes for better images~we shall see. But I'll post the pages and see if its good for a laugh, in spite of nobody ever visiting this blog, but its something to do. And no its not in the usual style but who cares?













10 Comments:

Blogger Katie McDee said...

These are Hella cool Rick!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there buddy.
I remember this book and still like it!
Just wanted to let you know your message reaches even into the depths of Montana.

Robin Earles

3:53 PM  
Blogger timothee de place said...

These are awesome, Rick. I especiallly like the illustration about the ninjas, I would definitely join that group.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Dave James said...

These are powerful.

Dave

8:28 AM  
Blogger J.Ho said...

rick--you needs ta print up a small run of this book and sell it at comic-con or something! the design of your pages is amazing.

10:30 AM  
Blogger rick reese said...

yeah I suppose I could. Its kinda neat to have the book but it takes forever to put it together. Thanks for the compliments

10:39 AM  
Blogger FlĂ«rnk said...

hey Rick - its Carol. I love these. a lot. thanks for blogging. I like being impressed by your work.

3:38 PM  
Blogger rick reese said...

CArol when I print up a batch I'll be sure and make you one...I'm slowly redrawing them with the blotted lines (lik ein the monster drawings) I like the look, it has a little more personality....

9:48 PM  
Blogger chris.K said...

wow rick, i freakin' love these. especially the ninjas... and texan nerds

6:27 AM  
Blogger rick reese said...

thanks Chris!

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home